Thursday 19 September 2013

i Heart Ipsy - My September Glam Bag

I have come across yet another (fabulous!) monthly beauty subscription, Ipsy, whichs send you all different beauty brands as opposed to products all from the same brand. This way you get to try different products and brands and even put a full look together!


I was browsing some beauty accounts on Instagram and came across one and she had posted about last months Ipsy Glam Bag - and I was immediately interested. She had gotten a handful of great products for $10! Wouldn't you be tempted? So I went to the website to see what it was all about and it didn't take me long to want to subscribe. Ipsy works with a lot of great and well known brands and almost all of the items are full sized! Um, hello? Why haven't I signed up sooner? Much like Julep and other subscription programs, you take a little quiz to find your style and they gather custom products for your glam bag according to your style.

The great thing about the Ispy website is that its also a beauty community. You can post reviews of the items in your Glam Bag, post photos and tutorials of makeup looks using items from your Glam Bag - and you earn points for additional items for your next Glam Bag every time you do! So much fun!

So here's what I got in my very first Ipsy Glam Bag:



J.cat Beauty Fantabulous Lipstick in 'Honeycrisp' - This is a warm, creamy, flesh-toned/peachy nude with a soft, balmy finish. I personally, have never heard of this brand before, but I always love a good nude! I like this colour for fall, but I do have many like this already in my collection so I can see it being pushed aside. I will give it a good try to see if I like the product and colour, so depending on that we will see if it becomes a staple nude.




NYX 'Rock' Eyeshadow - This is a dark, gunmetal grey with grey and silver sparkle shimmer, and has a satin-y finish. I love NYX eyeshadows, they are always finely milled and pigmented. Having only a few items in my collection from NYX, I was excited for more NYX product with Ipsy, because I do like what I have from them. I just wish it was a different colour. There's a lot of other dupe-able products out there, and in my collection already, but I can see myself reaching for this colour for a nice smokey eye - I love the sparkle shimmer! A bolder colour or more neutral brown would get more use, but its still a lovely colour for my kit!






Cailyn Cosmetics 'Big Apple' Tinted Lip Balm - This is a true red colour with warm undertones and has coverage like a lipstick, but creamy like lip balm. Really pretty red, great for any classic look without drying out your lips. I love the little brush that it comes with, hidden in the cap of the product. Super cute and convenient! You get as much product in the little pot as you do an average lipstick, that was much appreciated! The colour range that they have in their collection is really beautiful, so want to try some other colours!






















'It's So B!G' Volumizing Mascara By Elizabeth Mott - This is a black, volumizing mascara, with a unique hourglass shaped, large wand applicator. The hourglass shaped wand applicator is what has me most excited about this product, but is also what I fear won't work about the product. This is the 4ml size, not sure if there is a larger size that this. I might be doing a review of the mascara in the near future, let me know if you would like me to in the comments box below and stay tuned for that. I do have high expectations for this mascara as its advertised to be 'easy to remove'. We will see!





Jesse's Girl Black Liquid Eyeliner Pen - This is a felt tiped, marker type of liquid eyeliner, not your average pot and brush liquid or gel liner. I particularly love these type of eyeliners and prefer them over pencil, gel or other liquid liners. I have been a long time lover and user of MAC's Penultimate Eyeliner in 'Rapidblack', mostly because other brands pen-type of eyeliners have been disappointing in comparison. I have heard of this brand before with their Glow Stix Lipglosses, (and I know those are rad) so I am most excited to try this. Review for this item will be on the blog - without a doubt, so check back for that if you are also an eyeliner pen fan! So happy that I got the Glam Bag with this eyeliner!










And of course, all of these goodies came in this super cute, blue and black makeup bag. Great for storing my Ipsy products and more. Love the cute floral lace print!

There you have it my darlings, all the goodies from Ipsy this month and everything needed to put together a classic, glamorous look! Do you receive an Ipsy Glam Bag as well? Do you love (or not so love) the items you received? I would love to hear what you thought of this months Glam Bag in the comments box below! And don't forget to let me know if you would like to read future review posts on any of my Ipsy goodies!

For more information on Ispy and their monthly Glam Bag Subscripton, please visit the link below:

http://www.ipsy.com 

For more beauty related posts, please be sure to input your email in the top right corner of the page to subscribe and get notified by email when I post next! You can also follow my blog along with all your favourites, on Bloglovin' - click on the icon at the top of this page or search my blog and follow! And don't forget to follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) and tag me with #makeupmasochist so I can see all of your Ipsy goodies! You can also get in touch with me by email (makeupmasochist@gmail.com), I love to hear your suggestions and requests!

Happy Friday Eve loves!

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment