Thursday 12 September 2013

August Favourites!



This one was hard to muster up the courage to write, because as you know - I am reluctant to move on from Summer. I'm not quite ready to say goodbye for now, but no matter what I do - it is inevitable. I'll try to keep this as upbeat as I can, might not be that hard because there are lots of lovely and pretty things to talk about. Here we go!




Last month, I got to review Julep's 'Beach Tonic Dry Body Oil' Spray (to read the full review, click here), and I have been loving this product the more I use it. It smells SO good! Makes moisturising after showers super quick and easy with the pump spray, and leaves skin so soft! I love the time I get back from using this product, moisturising can be so time consuming! The scent is so sensual/sweet... It smells AMAZING! I have recently bought 2 more bottles to hold me off until next Summer. To read more information on this product or to purchase, please visit the link below:

http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/230456/



There's no way I could possibly go through summer without having at least one white manicure. A hot white manicure looks so crisp and fresh, especially against tanned skin. I love the combination of white against metallic's. White and silver, white and rose gold, white and bronze, white and pewter or white and gold- are all beautiful combination ideas that you can't go wrong with. For my white manicure this month, I used my MAC 'Vestral White' Nail Laquer (Hello Kitty LE Collection) and I had these cute silver ball decals that I bought from my beauty supply. I arranged the silver decals in different designs and sealed everything with a my OPI Top Coat. Love this manicure, one of my favourites of the summer!






















My August Julep Maven box did not disappoint me this month, as per usual (to read the full post, click here). It was a great mix of colours to choose from last month, and the beauty products (The Friction Stick or Face Primer) were hard to choose just one, but I chose the "Bombshell" box for the pretty yellow colour ('Bea') and the Friction Stick. I really love the pretty pale yellow, and I was feeling retro, so I did this 80's inspired French manicure. I loved it, it was so much fun to wear and made me smile when I looked down at my hands. Did you enjoy your maven box this month? Let me know in the comments box below! For more information on Julep and to subscribe, visit the link below:

http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/230456/




I wanted to touch base a little bit on some products that I have been loving a lot lately and I have mentioned a few times in my makeup looks and on my client looks.  These are some products that I have used as (summer)substitutions and use (and love!) daily. First, after I had recently used up and then broken my Studio Careblend Powder in 'Gold-Go-Lightly' (Surf,Baby! LE Collection), I had replaced it with my MAC 'Flatter Me' Pearlmatte Face Powder (Archie's Girls LE Collection) and have been loving it ever since! I thought I would miss the matte finish from my Careblend powder, but I love the glow this gives my skin and my clients skin (See it being used here and here)! Loving the Pearlmatte formula!











Another product that's been coming up a lot in my makeup looks and on my clients is my MAC 'Adored' Mineralize Skinfinish (Tropical Taboo LE Collection). I love this product! It's a beautiful highlighter, gives you face a healthy, luminous glow and I love the hint of coral to layer over blushes. It's also great to use on my lighter toned, winter skin, so its a staple all year round! (For the my Tropical Taboo Haul & Swatches post, click here). My clients are loving how their skin looks with this highlighter.





Speaking of  MAC Tropical Taboo, I put together a look last month with the colours and products that I got from this collection. I loved everything I got from the collection and had to use much restraint to not use everything on my face at the same time! (To see and read the full tutorial, click here). Here is the look I came up with and a quick summary of products.



For this look I did a smokey purple and gold eye, with dramatic lashes! I love the gold and lilac tones in my 'Time to Tango' eyeshadow, and intensified it with some darker purple shadows ('Run Run Ron' and 'Spoiled Rich') from my Archie's Girls Eyeshadow Palette. Love this look for nights out, especially for fall!



To finish up the look and bring it full circle, I went with a dramatic lip. I feel this bold and bright purple lip really brings out the purples in my eyes and brings the look to another level. I admit I do shy from using dark or bold colours on both my eyes and lips, but I took a risk this time and I love the turn out. For my lip colour, I used my MAC 'Heroine' Lip Pencil to line and fill my lips and layered my MAC 'Narcissus' Cremesheen Glass on top for shine. I love this purple pout!


















To end all monthly recaps as I usually do, I must talk about MAC's most recent limited edition collection. Last month, MAC released an utterly sinful and gluttonous collection for fall and encouraged us all to give in. A beautiful range of golds, jewel tones and fall reds, this collection is a must buy for all makeup lovers out there(for the full Haul & Swatches post, click here). Something (and maybe everything!) for everyone to enjoy for the upcoming season! I know all my fall season lovers are gaga for this collection, and it was hard to stick to a budget with this one. I bought two lipsticks - 'Just a Bite' & 'Feed the Senses'; two Eyeshadows - 'Eat,Love' & 'Palace Pedigreed'; and 'Utterly Tart' Lipglass. I am loving everything from the collection and can't wait to use them all this fall!





That's it for this recap of last months most loved and used beauty products, and a little tidbit about MAC's Indulge collection. These are all items that I have loved and are tried, tested and true to my standards in beauty. I loved everything and have a few new goodies that I am reviewing for future review and favourites posts, so stay tuned! I also have a few new series that will be starting up this month, hoping you will all enjoy the variety! What were your favourites for August? Did you like my favourites and would you try the items I talked about in this post? I would love to know what thou think in the comments box below! For any suggestions on products to review, try or use in future makeup looks, please leave me a your suggestions by emailing me at makeupmasochist@gmail.com ;)!







Don't forget that you can subscribe to my blog by inputting your email into the box on the top right corner of this page. It will notify you by email when I post in the future ;)! You can also follow my blog along with your other favourite bloggers on Bloglovin'! Click in the icon at the top of the page or search my blog and follow! For more daily photos and posts you can also follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) and don't forget to tag your favourites and make up looks with #MakeupMasochist so I can see!

Have a great month lovelies, and bring on fall!

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment