Saturday 31 August 2013

Makeup Look: Tropical Taboo

End of August... *sigh*... I'm not ready for summer to be over!! :(:(


Well, no better way to get out of a poopie mood than to get all dolled up and take your rage out on your face! To bring this lovely summer month to an end, I've put together this look using the products I got from MAC's summer collection - "Topical Taboo". It was a nice reminder that even though the month is coming to an end, we still have 3 weeks+ left of summer - gotta cram all the summer goodness now, while we still can!!


Last month, MAC launched a lovely collection for summer that just makes you feel the heat and life of this season (to read up on what I got from the collection, click here). No better way to remind myself that summer is still here than using items from this sizzling collection! I decided to do a look that would be appropriate for those hot summer nights out.

Here is the step by step instruction for the look, complete with details of the products used. Now, if you don't have these specific colours in your collection, but would like to still try this look, feel free to find substitutions. Not all the products used will be appropriate for everyone, so please keep in mind that this is what I dreamt up of and how I executed the look - feel free to put your twist or flare to it however you like. Lets get started...


First and foremost, I always make sure that my skin is clean and moisturized, so cleansing and then applying a moisturizer is absolutely essential. I also like to apply an eye cream, but that's completely optional, moisturizer is too - but it would be wise to not to skip that part if you can. Once my skin is clean and ready I apply my face primer, Benefit' Cosmetics 'The Porefessional' all over my face - focusing on my t-zone. I also prime my eyes with Urban Decay's 'Eyeshadow Primer Potion'. Primers are essential to make makeup application better and last much longer.


One my face is ready and primed, I will start my foundation routine. I am still using my Dior Airflash Spray Foundation in colour '300', I spray it on my face and blend it out with a wet Beauty Blender (the best!). Since I have finished my MAC 'Gold-Go-Lightly' Studio Careblend Pressed Powder (Surf,Baby! LE), I have been using my MAC 'Flatter Me' Pearlmatte Face Powder to set my foundation and give my skin a healthy glow. After setting my makeup I do a little contouring of the hollows of my cheeks, temples and neck with my MAC 'Nude on Board' Bronzer (Temperature Rising Collection, click here to see my haul). My face is ready, minus concealer and highlight - but that comes later, on to the eyes!

In order to set my eyes and define my whole face I start by filling in my brows using a small angled brush with a dark brown eye shadow. The brush also has a mascara coil on the other end, and I use that to comb out my browns once I have them filled in to appear more natural. I then highlighted my browbone by using a pale peachy-pink colour, this also helps correct any imperfections on the brow shape.


Once the brows are done, I get started with the eye makeup. I like to work my way down from the brow, some artists do the exact opposite and start with the lid. Whatever your preference, this is just the technique that I use. I started by applying eyeshadow to the area above my crease, this defines the brow further and adds depth the the entire eye. The colour I'm using is 'Naked' from the Urban Decay's Naked Palette. Once that is applied and blended out, I applied 'Buck' (also from the Naked Palette)to my crease with a MAC 224 brush, to darken and define it.


For this look, I started by applying MAC 'Spoiled Rich' (Frost) eyeshadow (Archie's Girls LE) to the inner and outer corners of my eyes and under my inner and outer lash line. I used a MAC 224 brush to blend that out and soften. To darken the purple a little more, I added a tiny bit of MAC 'Ron Ron Run' (Satin) eyeshadow (Archie's Girls LE) to the inner V, the inside of the inner lid. And under my outer lash line.


To get the effect on the lid, I applied MAC 'Time to Tango' Mineralize eyeshadow to the center of my lid and blended up to the crease, and I also applied it under the center of my lash line. This shadow had a ton of sparkle, and I love the gold right in the middle. I finished the look off with some mascara (MAC Pro Long Lash In 'Pitchblack'), House of Lashes false lashes in "Dollface" and applied black eyeliner pencil to my waterline to polish off the eye.


Once the eye was done, I was ready for clean up, blush and highlight. To clean up some eyeshadow fallout and to cover imperfections, I used Benefit's 'Bio-Ing' Concealer in Meduim. It's a shade lighter than my skin tone, so it doubles as a highlighter! I then applied blush, for this look I am using MAC 'Prim & Proper' Powder Blush (Liberty of London LE) with my Sigma F15 brush. To really polish off the look I used MAC 'Adored' Mineralize Skinfinish highlighter (Tropical Taboo LE) on my cheekbones, cupid's bow and chin for that airbrushed look!


To finish my face and bring it full circle, I used MAC 'Heroine' Lip Pencil (Tropical Taboo LE) to line and fill my lips and applied MAC 'Narcissus' Cremesheen Glass (Tropical Taboo LE) on top, for a perfect purple pout.

And voila!






There you have it loves, my Tropical Taboo/Summer Nights makeup look. Hope you all enjoy! Let me know what you think in the comments box below and if you will try out this look on yourself! What was your favourite part of the look? How much are you loving your Tropical Taboo pieces?  Don't forget to tag me on your makeup looks #Makeupmasochist on Twitter and Instagram!

For more information on the products used and to purchase, please click on the links below:

http://www.maccosmetics.ca
http://www.sephora.ca
http://www.urbandecaycosmetics.com
http://www.benefitcosmetics.com
http://www.houseoflashes.com

For more makeup looks and inspiration, don't forget to email subscribe to my blog for future posts and you can also follow my blog on Bloglovin' (Icon is at the top right corner of this page or search and follow!). For more daily photos and posts, don't forget to follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) and if you have any questions, please email me at makeupmasochist@gmail.com! :)

Happy September everyone!

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment