Wednesday 31 July 2013

MAC Tropical Taboo - Haul & Swatches

Hello dearies!


If you know me well and have been a reader for while, then you know I have a really hard time passing up a limited edition collection from MAC. I really, really tried to fight temptation this time, but alas, my will power was not strong enough to battle the beauty that is MAC's Tropical Taboo Collection!

Initially, I was really excited and drawn to this collection, but was disappointed in the fact that the lipsticks are Mineralized Rich lipsticks and only one shade was limited edition. "Midnight Mambo" is the only limited edition colour and since I had recently, these past few months bought very similar shades, I passed it up and passed up the entire lipstick portion of this collection.


Originally, I wanted to buy all of the lipliners that they had available, but because I was fighting temptation and held off for so long before finally caving in, the lipliners had all disappeared from my MAC location! :(! I had missed out on "Ablaze" Lipliner from the "Fashion Sets" Collection and was really hoping it would still be there, but no such luck. I guess I will have to wait for it to be re-promoted with another collection.

Aside from the lipliners, I was really intrigued by the Mineralize Eyeshadows from this collection. I loved to see how the two colours combined to make a completely different colour that you would not have imagined! They are full of sparkle and glitter, these fantasy colours are like a dream come true! 

As some of you may know, I am not a huge fan of Cremesheen Glass - not because I don't like the product, but because you get less product for more money. I love Cremesheen anything and it seriously pains me to pass them up, especially limited edition colours. These colours are so pretty and some so vibrant that I just couldn't leave them behind this time.

I love the Mineralize Skinfinshes, permanent or limited edition! I am a huge fan of "Soft & Gentle" as a highlighter, which is permanent but re-promoted with this collection. It's a staple in my kit and it was be something that I always will replenish, so long as they make it. When I saw the limited edition colours from this collection, I knew I was in trouble! I love the way they make skin look and how they are the perfect finishing touch for all makeup looks!

So here is the run down of what I got from the collection with swatches:

Mineralize Eyeshadows:




"Time to Tango" - I would describe this colour as a medium cool toned lavender grey, with silver and gold shimmer. I actually requested from my sales associate one with more gold in it, she had brought me a few to chose from and I chose the one with the most gold. I love lavender and purple together, but I love that it is also a cool toned, silver shimmer so you aren't limited to what you can do with gold and silver shadow. I find this colour especially, very dreamy. I think it was the prettiest colour of the collection.




















"Cha-Cha-Cha" - I would describe this colour as a blackened royal blue with green and blue shimmer. The base actually is a blue-brown-black, and the green shimmer and blue glitter, almost remind me of MAC "Blue-Brown" Pigment or "Club" Eyeshadow. That was a big influence on why I chose this colour, I love "Club" eyeshadow, but I wanted a colour that was similar but able to be more sheer. I find that applying this eyeshadow dry that it is much sheer-er and needs layers in order to build and even out colour. Blends very nicely which was surprising, I thought it would take more effort to blend.





















Cremesheen Glass:


"Narcissus" - I would describe this as a vibrant, medium- dark purple with a touch of magenta. This was initially the Cremesheen that I was most drawn to, as I don't have this colour or similar in my lipgloss collection at the moment and have a lot of lipsticks that I would love to layer this on top or make a recipe with. It's super bright and it goes on bright and stays true to the colour in the tube when worn.





"Fever Isle" - I would describe this as a vibrant medium-dark coral red, with gold shimmer and warm undertones. This colour is EVERYTHAAAANG!! Such a pretty colour, with lots of shimmer and shine perfect to make any pout pop! I love this colour and can't wait to use it on those summer nights out! Great to pair with my "Hibiscus" Lipstick from the "Surf, Baby!" LE collection!




Mineralize Skinfinish:
"Adored" - I would describe this as a light peachy-pink, with champagne frost and sheen. I love highlighting and I love using their Mineralize Skinfinishes to really bring a look to the next level. I love that this has a little bit of light coral, which I think would be fantastic to use when layering over the same tone blush. Coral blushes are my favourite and I think using this to highlight with make a perfect combination for a flawless skin look! A little goes a long way, depending on lighting and application it can emphasize pore-size.




Well there you have it dolls, this is what I scored from the Tropical Taboo Collection and I can't wait to play with my goodies! I will absolutely be posting a make up look and tutorial using my new pretties, so if this is something that you're interested in seeing, make sure to check back often! I can't wait! Ooh the possibilities!!

Have you gotten any items from this collection, and how much are you loving them?!?! I would love to know what you bought and what you thought about this collection in the comments box below! This is just my personal opinion about the collection, let me know yours! Don't forget to tag me on Instagram or Twitter with hash tag #MakeupMasochist, I would love to see the looks you came up with using items from this collection!

For more information, be sure to check out your nearest MAC counter and you can also still get some items online, here's the website below:

www.maccosmetics.com

For more MAC collection hauls and reviews (because we know there will be more, many more!), be sure to subscribe to my blog VIA email (top right corner) and you can also follow my blog on Bloglovin' (MakeupMasochist). For more photos and a glimpse into my daily life, you can follow me on Instagram (@fernonje), and if you have any suggestions or questions email me at makeupmasochist@gmail.com

Until the next collection - that's what, in 2 weeks? Lol

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment