Wednesday 10 July 2013

June Favourites!

Wow, can't believe that I am already posting my June favourites! Summer is flying by too fast!!

A lot of things have changed in my routines due to the warmer weather so I have a few new things to talk about this month in makeup, skincare and hair care.





















This past month I have been testing out and loving this Tarte Maraucja Oil in my nighttime routine. I got this as part of my last Sephora haul (to read that post, click here) as a Beauty Insider reward. It's a deluxe sized sample, plenty of product to really test it out before buying the full sized bottle. I've been using this for a month and I absolutely love it! A future review is in the works, but for a sneak peek - it has calmed my skin, changed and evened out my skin tone and I have not had an acne flare up all month! More information to come, as well as application tips on the blog soon!




Another change I have made in my skin care routine is bringing back my Avene Thermal Spring Water mist. After feeling like I might need more moisturization during the summer months and because it makes applying the Maracuja Oil so easy, I brought it back. I use this day and night, to give my skin a little more moisture and its been really helping. It's so refreshing!











In terms of makeup changes and favourites this past month, I have found the ultimate summer (and maybe forever!) foundation, I have been loving the bright bold colours of MAC's "All About Orange" Collection and using my Temperature Rising items to create a bronzed, everyday makeup look.





















Lets start with my favourite foundation for June- Dior's Airflash Spray Foundation. (For the full review, click here). I couldn't say more good things about this foundation in my most recent review post - this stuff is AMAZING! I use it for all my make up looks, it's so quick and easy - not to mention it gives great coverage and lasts all day! I wanted something light and simple for summer and was pleasantly surprised with all the amazing benefits of this product. I have also been using it on some of my clients and they love how flawless it makes their skin look even after 8 hours of wear! This is not just a June favourite, its becoming an all-time favourite!






















If you have been reading my blog for sometime, you know how much I have been loving my MAC Temperature Rising Collection items. This past month I created a look using my MAC Temperature Rising Collection for an interview that I had at MAC Cosmetics Yorkdale. I am happy to say that I was successful at landing the job and I have to think that this look helped a little ;). For the full instructional tutorial with all the products I used, please click here. This has been a favourite look for me lately, I do modify it a bit and use a different shadow here and there, but its mostly the same. I love it! What about you?























The best part of this look, that I like most, is the lip recipe. I love combining  "Altered Beige" and layering "Soft Serenede" on top. I've always loved a nude lip (especially with a tan) and the sparkle in the lip gloss heats things up just a bit!






















Of course I used my favourite brushes this month from Simga, the Duo-Fibre Powder/Blush Brush (F15) for my blush and the Large Angled Contour Brush (F40) for my bronzing and contouring. I have been using these brushes the most lately for all my looks and on my clients. The F40 brush makes contouring so easy and the F15 brush helps soften and blend blush so beautifully. Loving these brushes for my flawless skin look!






















With the release of MAC's "All About Orange" Collection in early June, I have been given a lot of time to really get aquatinted with my items. As mentioned in my original haul blogpost (click here for the complete haul and review) I thought it was really smart for MAC to spotlight such a great colour for summer and make it wearable for all. There were 7 shades of lipsticks to chose from, a colour for every skin type and tone. I picked up 4 lipsticks, but I have been using some more than others - a clear indication of favoritism. The lipsticks that I have been using most from this collection are:





Sushi Kiss - I love the almost "black light" effect that this lipstick gives me, especially against my tan. I did initially think that it would be more Orange on me, but was pleasantly surprised that it was much softer on. I love to use this lipstick with neutral looks or with a heavy winged liner. A must have colour for summer!





Razzledazzler - What I love most about this lipstick is the intense colour payoff, but its so easy and comfortable to wear! As some of you know, Lustre formula lipsticks are my favourite to wear, so naturally I would love this lipstick! The colour is so dreamy, I love to pair this with with a pop of green or blue eye makeup or a bronzed smokey eye. It makes everything seem effortless!




Along with the lipsticks, I have been loving the Nail Laquer "Ke Ai" from this collection, and put it to work with a summer manicure as soon as I got it! It's such a pretty, feminine pink that made me feel like a school girl and I almost shrieked with joy while painting it on! Soft pink with a bit of shimmer, great for summer manicures or even all year round!




Along with my "Ke Ai" manicure, I also introduced my Julep monthly manicures and my moon manicure this past month. Heres a little summery of this months manicures.





















I have to say I am very impressed with my Julep Nail Polishes, they are a great product and pretty reasonable in price. (To see my June Julep Manicure, click here). The nail polish lasted days before I saw a single chip and I love the colour variety they offer! The glitter polish "Paris" was super sparkley and reflective the the dark cobalt blue "Millie" really complimented the glitter. I loved it! If you sign up for their monthly subscription, it gives you the opportunity to try different colours and even body products for a bundled price (which means you save big $$). If you would like to start your subscription, click on the link below, and be sure to use code FREEBOX at checkout to get your first Maven box free!
http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/230456/






I managed to squeeze in one more manicure, My Superhero Moon Manicure that I did for my Godson's Superman party. I used my Nail Laquers from MAC's "Wonder Woman" Limited Edition Collection - "Wonder Woman" (red) & "Obey Me" (blue). I know it's a Superman Party, not a Wonder Woman party, but the colours work just the same. For a complete tutorial on this manicure, please click here.) Super fun and easy manicure to do at home with materials from home. I got a lot of compliments on this manicure, I will definitely try it again with more colour combinations!

Well there you have it dolls, all my favourites for the lovely month of June, its been a great month for beauty and a great way to welcome the summer! What were your favourites for June? Be sure to let me know what you loved in the comments box below, or tag me #makeupmasochist on Instagram or Twitter!

For more beauty related posted, please be sure to subscribe to my blog (top right corner of the page), you can also follow my blog on Bloglovin' (Makeupmasochist)! For more daily photos and videos, follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) and if you have any questions or suggestions, email me at makeupmasochist@gmail.com

Let's hope next month won't creep up on me as fast.

xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment