Thursday 27 June 2013

Make Up Look: Temperature Rising!

Hi dolls!



I know some of you have been waiting a while for me to post a summer make up look, so I decided to make a "Temperature Rising" make up look. I love this bronzed look, I think it's great to wear during the day and can be a great night look too! Super versatile, you can pair the bronzed eye with a neutral or bold lip.







I LOVE this collection (see my full review and haul here) and couldn't wait to put a look together with my items! Being inspired by the collection and the packaging, I knew I wanted to do a golden/ bronze eye, flawless bronzed skin with a coral cheek and a neutral lip. This is the look I came up with, along with the products and step by step application.

First - bronzed and dewy skin. I think it's essential for a summer look to have flawless, glowing skin. I started off with a clean and moisturized face and applied my primers - Benefits Porefessional Face Primer, Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion and MAC Prep+Prime Lip Primer. It's super important that you prep your face in order for your make up to stay put and be long lasting.



After primer, I apply my foundation and buff it out with a Beauty Blender. The foundation I have been using is Dior Airflash Foundation in "300", I spray it on my face and then use the BB to buff it out and correct. Once that's done, I set my foundation with my powder, I'm using MAC Studio Careblend Pressed Powder in "Gold-Go-Lightly" (Surf, Baby! Collection) and apply that with a Sigma Large Powder Brush (F20). After my powder is applied, I will go ahead and contour. Today I used MAC "Nude On Board" Bronzer (Temperature Rising Collection) with my Sigma Contour Brush (F40) and applied it on the hollows of my cheeks, under my chin & neck and on my temples. I know bronzer isn't the best product for contouring, but this bronzer has hardly any shimmer and is not orange-y or reddish what-so-ever! With my summer tan, I find it works well for contouring.







Once my face and powders are done, I start by filling in my brows. I use matte brown eyeshadows by Cargo to fill in my brows with a double ended Sephora Brush (one side is an angled brush which I use to apply the shadow and the other side is a mascara coil which I use to brush out and blend).

Now for the eyes - I used all colours from the Urban Decay Naked Palette to achieve this look. I used "Naked" above the crease, "Buck" in the crease and outer lid, "Smog" on the middle lid, "Dark Horse" on the outer lid and lower lash line and "Half Baked" on the inner lid and inner corner of the eye. I gave my lashes 2 coats of mascara, I used MAC Pro Longlash Mascara in "Pitchblack" before putting on True or False Lashes in "Home Wreckers" to finish the look.





Once my eyes were done, I used a cream concealer for my dark circles and to cover some blemishes. I used Benefits Boi-ing Concealer in "Medium", I like to apply concealer over powder as concealer will always crack under powder with my skin. After concealer I applied my MAC "Ripe For Love" (Temperature Rising Collection) with my Sigma Duo Fiber Brush (F15) to give me a nice summer glow. Last step for face is highlighter - I used my favourite highlighters, Benefit's "Watts Up?" highlighter with MAC Powder Blush in "Honour" over. I only apply highlighter on the tops of my cheeks, on my Cupid's bow, on my chin and browbones. I use a small smudge brush to blend it out into my blush.




And finally my lips, for today I used MAC "Altered Beige" Lusture Lipstick (Temperature Rising Collection) and MAC "Soft Serenade" Lipglass (Temperature Rising Collection) on top. I love the added sparkle this lipgloss deposits on lips! Soo pretty!








There you have it dolls! Hope I didn't keep you waiting too long for this make up look! Still have lots of time to go ahead and try this look for summer!  You don't have to use all the same products that I used to achieve this look, you can use the makeup you have at home! Or try other colour combinations to suit your skin tone. I would love to see your recreations of this look, make sure to tag me on Instagram or Twitter with hash tag #makeupmasochist ! I would love to know what you think of this look and if you would try it, in the comments box below!









For more makeup posts, looks and tutorials please be sure to subscribe to my blog! For more inspiration, photos and videos be sure to follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) and you can also follow my blog on Bloglovin' (Makeupmasochist). If you have any further questions about this look or would like me to do a tutorial on it, please let me know in the comments box or email me (makeupmasochist@gmail.com) !









For more information on the products that I used, please be sure to visit the websites below:

www.maccosmetics.ca
www.sephora.com
www.sigmabeauty.com
www.trueorfalseproducts.com
www.benefitcosmetics.com
www.beautyblendercanada.com

Hope you like it! (Anyone else's temperature rising? It gives me FEVER!!;))




xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment