Saturday 11 May 2013

Sephora Haul! - Birthday Bag!

I want to start off by saying that I love my Birthday month! May is when all the flowers bloom and everyone starts to look forward to summer. My birthday falls on the May 2-4 long weekend, great way to kick off the summer festivities!

I had mentioned in my "April Favourites" post that I was running low on my face cleanser and took this opportunity to get my birthday gift early from Sephora, along with a couple other items. Here are a few things I picked up for for the upcoming season.


I had gotten a few samples of FAB First-Aid Beauty's Face Cleanser with a previous order and I fell in love! This creamy cleanser soothed my skin and it cleared up even after one use. My skin felt so much better that I had to buy the full size tube. Since I have been using this, my eczema has been under control, no breakouts (knock on wood!) my complexion looks better and my skin is super soft! I will definitely continue to use this and I will probably buy more from this line being so impressed with the cleanser. Being that its safe for all skin types, (I'm living proof!), I recommend this cleanser to everyone! You wont be disappointed!
















Since I've read so many reviews and watched so many tutorials of beauty gurus using the Beauty Blender, I had to see what all the hype was about. I ordered the Beauty Blender with high hopes that this is the miracle tool everyone is saying it is. I have to mention how cute it is! Its super soft when wet and surprised at how big it got! I've used it twice since I've bought it and its been living up to all the hype! I will be posting a full review on the BB with step by step application and comparisons to other application methods, very soon so stay tuned!









Anyone who knows me, knows that I am obsessed with Hello Kitty everything! I cannot make an order from Sephora without at least one thing from their Hello Kitty line, especially if its on sale! I've recently purchased some of their "Sweet Gloss" lippies and I like to use them for
everyday as they are very sheer. I've ordered 2 more with my birthday haul - "Charmmy" & "Pink Grapefruit". Charmmy is a Dark Rose and Pink Grapefruit is a sheer sparkly true pink. Along with the Sweet Glosses being on sale, so are their Nail Polishes, so I had to pick up at least one. I bought this cute pastel blue, called "Blueberry", it's almost a cornflower blue- super cute for spring/summer!



                                                                             
                                                                                                Charmmy - Left
                                                                                       Pink Grapefruit- Right
                                                                                                          -------->










I redeemed my Beauty Insider points and chose this travel sized Tarte "Maracuja Oil" to try. I have also heard lots of good things about this oil/serum and I am curious to try it. Hope it works well on me as it did for others. Have you tried it? Let me know your experience with it in the comments box below! I will also be posting a full review of this in the future, so make sure to check back often if you're curious as well!















I was so excited about my Sephora Beauty Insider Birthday Gift! I've been wanting to try Benefit's "They're Real!" Mascara forever, but haven't gotten around to purchasing it because my MAC mascaras are still good for at least another month or so. I was ecstatic to see that they were doing a Benefit birthday gift as I am a big fan of their products. The "Watts Up!" Highlighter is sooooo pretty, and its perfect for every skin tone. I was originally more excited for the mascara, but after seeing the mini highlighter, I am more excited to use the highlighter! I will post some looks with the highlighter soon, I can already see it being a staple in my make up routine and purchasing the full size eventually! I guess since it was my birthday they sent me double the samples! I won't complain ;)



That's the bottom of the bag! Hope you enjoyed seeing what I got and that you found this helpful for your next beauty haul! As mentioned, stay tuned for detailed reviews on some of the items, and please share your experiences with these products in the comments box below! Please don't forget to subscribe to my blog and follow me on Instagram (@fernonje) for more photos!




xoxo
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment